Rotary Film Evaporator
A Rotary film evaporator is a tool widely used in chemical laboratories for effective and gentle removal by evaporation of the volatile solvents from the samples. They 're found in nearly every organic lab. By heating, the rotating flask rotates and forms a thin film under negative pressure; it evaporates, and then the vapor is concentrated, liquefied, and removed for recall.
A typical thin-film evaporator is fitted with a water bath that can be heated in either a metal tub or a crystallizer. That holds the solvent freezing during the process of evaporation. In a vacuum, the solvent is removed, trapped by a condenser, and stored for quick reuse or disposal.
For a rotary evaporator, we will include the whole solution along with the rotating chiller and vacuum pump.
The Process of Rotary Film Evaporator
The rotating flask constantly covers a wide area of the surface with a thin film that is perfect for fast heat transfer. Luckily, the thin film often allows an even distribution of heat without local heating. Therefore the facility to operate the device under full vacuum enables evaporation at the lowest possible temperature. That is, both the boiling point and the time spent in the house are substantially reduced. These features combined, make rotary film evaporator ideally suited for heat-sensitive material evaporation. It is equally effective in crystallization processes for the evaporation of suspension, drying of powder/granules, etc.
Rotary evaporator/vacuum evaporator sees wide use of industrial activity from small-scale laboratory set-ups. Ablaze Rotary Film Evaporator is favoured by research as well as production facilities and is used by the laboratory & chemical, biotechnology as well as the pharmaceutical industries.
Construction of Rotary Film Evaporators
Ablaze Rotary Film Evaporators are fully self-contained units that consist mainly of the following:
- An electrically heated SS heating bath with height-raising and height lowering equipment.
- Rotating flask of borosilicate glass resistant to corrosion which is linked by coupling to move.
- The drive is a hollow glass shaft that also serves as an off-take conduit for vapour. The driveshaft is sealed into a Teflon coated condenser/receiver. Power is transmitted to the shaft by an engine-driven gear with varying speeds given.
- It has a universal heating bath capacity up to 200°c.
- It comes with a high quality reinforced PTFE seal that ensures a perfect vacuum as well as maintenance-free operation.
- It is mounted with a digital display/control of the critical process parameters over a control panel.
- It gives you uniform heating as well as reduced residence time.
- It is mounted on the caster wheels that make the movement easy.
- It gives you clear and transparent visibility of the whole process.
- It is made up of universal corrosion-resistant materials. It has automatic bath lifting.
- It has an automatic bath lowering that can be used while power failure.
- It can withstand a full vacuum. It is highly compatible with all the heat-sensitive materials.
- It can be made available in large sizes up to 400 Litre.
Applications of Rotary Film Evaporators
- It can be used for Distillation under continuous as well as batch operations.
- It can be used in organic chemistry to remove a solvent. It can be used in organic synthesis.
- It can be used in solvent recycling.
- It can be used in solvent purification.
- It can be used in reflux process reactions.
- It can be used in component drying.
- It can be used in fine chemical synthesis.
- It can be used in crystallization.
Rotary Film Evaporators are used in the Scientific Research, Medical Industry, and Chemical & Biological Product Processing industry as a part of the industrial applications.
Laboratories require a rotary evaporator to teach experiment processes in colleges and universities. It is an effective distillation unit for various laboratory experimental applications such as extract separation of solvents, reaction mass or solution concentration, regular solvent distillation, crystallization, etc.
Often seen in the Cooking Industry for Molecular Cooking is the new use of Rotary Evaporator, using the concept of molecular gastronomy to apply physical and chemical concepts in cooking. Rotary Evaporator is also used for a non-heating process to evaporate the air. It retains a sticky aromatic odor that can be quickly lost by heating.
Advantages of Rotary Film Evaporators
- The rotary evaporator has a lifting and dropping engine built-in. If there is a power loss or control loss, this system will automatically lift the rotary bottle to a certain position above the water bath.
- The liquid sample forms a liquid film on the inner surface of the evaporation container, which has a large heating field, due to the centripetal force and friction between the liquid sample and the evaporating tube. The speed of evaporation can get bigger in this way.
- During rotation, the sample's effect effectively suppresses the sample boiling.
- Final thoughts
Ablaze Export Pvt. Ltd. is a well known Rotary Evaporator manufacturer in India. We design Rotary film evaporators that can be used for the industrial evaporation process. Borosilicate 3.3 glass and PTFE are used exclusively for all contact parts and ensure high chemical resistance.
Due to its unique construction, it is mainly used for the distillation of heat-sensitive and volatile components. It can work under full vacuum and in the chemical and pharmaceutical industries, it is an important equipment.
Ablaze's Rotovap comes in a variety of capacities from 5 liters to 200 litres. The 20ltrs and the 50ltrs are the most popular models and thus the delivery time for these standard models is very fast. It is commonly used in the processing of heat-sensitive materials in the manufacture of food, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, cosmetics, and fragrances.
Looking for Best Manufacturer of Glass Pilot Plants & Turnkey Projects?