The Sight glass is a device used to check the inline flow of various fluids. It is placed between any type of nontransparent pipelines to observe the flow of the fluid. It can be used in both horizontal and vertical pipelines. Sight glass has a unique design that enables a complete view of the inflow from every angle.
A typical tubular sight glass consists of one glass pipe section, one metal frame, a pair of PTFE bushes and washers, and an acrylic cover.
- Borosilicate pipe section is heat resistant, has excellent chemical resistance and has low thermal expansion.
- A Metal frame is composed of two flanges that are welded with studs so that the stresses and vibrations of the pipeline do not transfer to the glass pipe section. The chuck-nut keeps the glass pipe section in compression and provides ease in replacement.
- PTFE bushes on both sides of glass pipe section ensure that liquid in the pipeline does not come in contact with the metal frame. PTFE washers are used as gaskets during fitting of the sight glass in the pipeline.
- An acrylic cover covers the glass pipe section and protects it from outer damages.
We also manufacture Sight Glasses for special applications:
- Double Window Sigh Glass with a jacket
- Flapper type Double Window Sight Glass for gas applications