- High absorption efficiency
- High acid concentration is achievable
- Low outlet temperature
- Easy operation and maintenance
- Safe Operation due to a low isothermal temperature
- Handle a wide range of gas loading with minimum liquid flow rates to maintain full tube wetting
- All the wetted parts of the falling film absorber are corrosion resistant to all the aggressive gases even at elevated temperatures
- Variation in Hydrogen Chloride Gas flow rates or Composition causes no operation problem.
Other Area of Applications
- Hydrogen Chloride Gas / Sulphur Dioxide Gas Absorption
- Hydrogen Chloride Gas / Chlorine Gas Absorption
- Hydrogen Chloride Gas / Chlorine Gas / Sulphur Dioxide Absorption
- Hydrogen Bromide Gas absorption
Efficient gas absorption depends on the following:
- Intimate Contact
- Efficient Heat Transfer
This is achieved in a Falling Film Absorber which is essentially a shell & tube heat exchanger in which both gas to be absorbed and absorbing liquid flow co-currently downward with the extraction of heat by circulation of coolant in the shell. The absorbing liquid is circulated through a tank till the desired concentration is achieved. The liquid flows at such a rate that the tubes do no flow full of the liquid but instead, descends by gravity along the inner walls of the tubes as a thin film. Obviously, this produces a much greater linear velocity for a given rate flow that could be obtained if the tube flowed full.
The equipment works as a number of water cooled-wall columns in parallel and each tube is provided with distribution system on top to effect uniform distribution of both liquid and gas and also the formation of a thin liquid film on the inner surface of the tube.
|MAX. GAS ABSORPTION||MAX. ACID PROD.|
|Nominal SIZE (mm)||Absorber AREA (m2)||No. Of Tube OD (mm)||Rate ( Pure HCL) ( kg/Hr)||Rate (As 30% HCL ) ( kg/Hr)||CAT. REF|